I’ve always been undecided about New Year’s. I’ve never really warmed to it. Thats perhaps because I’ve never been a huge fan to saying goodbye to things, but also because I think any time is a good time for a new start.
I think setting goals is a great idea, but new year’s tends to put a lot of pressure on people to have a good time, or find the perfect new year’s kiss! I tend to spend the night quietly and reflect on what I loved this year and what I wanted to do better.
So… I suppose I might as well share this with you (you’ll hold me accountable right?).
Things I loved:
- I finished my masters degree! (with high distinctions! Lord knows how!)
- I travelled to Scotland, Bali, and Hong Kong!
- I spent time with family (most of my family lives overseas so seeing them is a treat)
- I am healthy: I killed it at the gym this year!
- I took risks: I’m a firm believer you’ve got to try new things.
- I spent time helping others: I mentored some postgraduate students at university and learnt A LOT! Plus I made some new friends.
- I learnt new things: I feel very strongly about making sure I’m always learning. Yesterday I learnt that an aardvark has no teeth!
- Number one: learn to like new year’s!
- Number 2: Try to maintain a positive outlook on life at all times (see which words I underlined there)
- Number 3: Do something that scares you – While I love travelling and being by myself, the idea of making friends while traveling scares the shit out of me for some reason! I keep getting flashbacks to school! I’ve booked a solo trip in 2019 so I’ll definitely be tackling this one!
- Number 4: Learn to be okay with taking breaks and having time to yourself – As stated earlier, I love learning new things and improving myself, however I need to learn to stop beating myself up if I have a day off!
Now… I’m sure I’ll come up with more ideas as I think about it more but I thought I’d share some of my ideas with you guys! Please let me know if you’ve got any good ones! I’m looking to add to my list!
I hope you all have a wonderful new years filled with family and friends and people who love you.
See you 2019!
ps. oh my goodness. my feature photo is a throwback and it has to be one of my best photos of all time! #festive